This summer, teenagers can let their creative imaginations run wild while learning the craft of screenwriting. In this two-week screenwriting course, taught by RTF grad students at UT, campers will study scenes from screenplays; watch and discuss movie clips and short films; learn about character, setting, dialogue, and structure; and write screenplays. They will collaborate with other creative teens as well as write their own original short scripts.
This workshop combines scheduled real-time virtual class meetings via Zoom, asynchronous material, and independent work.
- Grades: Grades: 9th–12th
- Number of weeks: 2
- Session dates: 6/20/22–7/1/22
- Meeting schedule: M-F: 10 am–11 am lecture/discussion; 1–3 pm workshop CT
- Tuition: $595
Meets Monday–Friday, between 10 am and 3:00 pm CT:
- 10 am–11 am CT– Morning lecture/discussion via Zoom
- 11 am–1 pm CT– Independent Work Time
- 1 pm–3 pm CT – Afternoon Check-in via Zoom
Software / Apps
- Scriptwriting software. Some suggestions:
Zoom (free virtual conferencing app)