Radio-Television-Film > Robert Foshko Memorial Screenwriting Scholarship
Robert Foshko Memorial Screenwriting Scholarship
Announcing the first annual Robert Foshko Memorial Scholarship in Screenwriting
Beginning Spring 2017, RTF will celebrate excellence in screenwriting by annually awarding the Robert Foshko Memorial Scholarship. Two students will each win a $1500 stipend and pitch meetings with industry professionals in Los Angeles. Formerly the “Longhorn Showcase Script Competition," the award is named in honor of longtime RTF screenwriting professor, Robert Foshko. This year's winners will be announced on June 9th.
For nearly three decades, two-time Emmy winner Robert Foshko taught screenwriting and television production at UT’s Department of Radio-TV and Film.
During that time, he established RTF’s screenwriting curriculum, launched its graduate writing program, was a founding member of the Michener Center for Writers, and fundamentally advanced the television production curriculum to meet the rigorous and competitive standards of the business and creative practice of television. In so doing, he influenced and guided the education and careers of countless screenwriting and television students along the way.
Bob and his wife Sally established this scholarship to help support the kinds of screenwriting students he taught and mentored so well during his many years of service at the University of Texas at Austin.
2017 ELEGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Scripts must have been written for an RTF screenwriting course during the 2016 Spring semester or later.
- Only feature-length screenplays and TV pilot scripts qualify. No TV specs will be considered.
- Screenplays must not have been previously submitted for past Longhorn Showcase Script Competition consideration.
- Winners of previous Longhorn Showcase Script Competitions are ineligible.
- SCRIPT - Email a pdf copy of screenplay with title, name, and contact info on title page. Send to: email@example.com with the subject line: 2017 Foshko Script Contest - [YOUR NAME].
- NOMINATION FORM - Download and complete the 2017 Foshko Nom Form.pdf. For consideration, the RTF screenwriting faculty member who supervised the class in which you wrote the script MUST sign the nomination form. Turn in signed nomination form — either as a hard copy to Elana Wakeman's mailbox in the RTF department office (CMA 6.120A) or electronically (scan and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 2017 scripts and nomination forms are due by 5 pm Friday, May 12, 2017.